Whatever is your area of expertise, the field of consulting will surely have a room for you. Here are the best consulting opportunities in 2009:
1. Technical consulting. This is usually the most profitable field of consulting as it requires a degree in engineering and science. A technical consultant would be called in for specific projects that require a great deal of understanding and expertise. For example; they may be tasked to provide sound recommendations on building bridges or international space station. You’ll breakthrough in this endeavor if you are truly reliable and if you have high caliber skills.
2. Business consulting. Based on research and relevant studies, the number of people who are starting their own business has grown exponentially over the last couple of years. This is the main reason why business consultants are so in-demand these days. You can sink your teeth into this endeavor if you have proven track record in running your own business and if you have a degree in accounting, commerce, and business management. It would also help if you have in-depth knowledge on selling and marketing.
3. Search engine optimization (SEO). If you have been paying attention, you’ll surely notice that hundreds of entrepreneurs are taking their businesses online every month. This can work to your advantage if you are a SEO expert. You see, these people need to secure higher page ranking to secure more sales and revenue.
4. Relationship. If you have a degree in sociology or psychology and if you have certain way in helping people improve their relationships, you can try your luck in relationship consulting. In here, you’ll help people develop their communication skills so they’ll be more open to their partners. You’ll also need to suggest some activities that can help these people strengthen their bond.
5. Leadership. This is one of the most sought-after fields of consulting. If you have what it takes to help leaders (managers, supervisors, etc.) get better at what they do, this field is perfect for you. In here, you’ll give these people sound advices and recommendations as to how they can effectively perform their tasks while taking into consideration their subordinates. You may be tasked to conduct seminars and trainings to help these people develop certain skills that can make them great leaders.
6. Internet marketing. Are you good in selling any type of products and services online? Then, help people who would like to know what you know by offering internet marketing consulting services.